Sunday, June 12, 2011

Walks through Moscow

So today I decided to go on a walk all around Moscow. I think I did the math and it ended up being a 4.5 mile walk in all. It was nice to get out of the house on my day off and just spend some time relaxing and walking by myself. 

And the day was AMAZING! it was 70 degrees out and perfect weather for a walk around the town. My walk was a trip to the gas station across town that has slurpies so my walk back from the gas station was filled with the company of my extra large slurpie!

While I walked I checked out all the flowers people had growing in their yards! 



On my way back from the gas station I noticed that a bunch of the yards almost looked like they were blanketed in snow because of all the cottonwood that was laying on the grass. It was pretty funny to see the ground so covered in white.


While walking it was almost like I was noticing things I had never seen before even though I had probably driven past them hundreds of times. The parking lot at Moscow High School had little bear paws on the ground. And as I was walking over a new spot of sidewalk I also noticed this footprint in the cement. I don't know why it intrigued me so much but it did make me stop for a second and take a picture. 


Near the end of my walk I took a little detour to find out the name of the new pizza place we now have in moscow-- Pie Hole--- its in a building that used to be basically abandoned and still kinda looks sketchy but hey... maybe the pizza is good! :D

 My walk was a bit longer than I realized or had planned it to be when I left the house and upon returning I realized I had gotten a bit burnt. But hey, whats a good summer time walk if you don't get a little sun :) I hope this good weather keeps up and I get to take more walks like today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment